Skip to navigation Skip to content

Advocate for Change

We are MS activists on the frontline, moving together and speaking with one clear voice to advance federal, state and community policies and programs that benefit people with MS and their families. Become an MS activist today.


Current Priority Issues

The New York Disability Vote Network

Join the movement

There are several ways you can join the NYDVN movement:

1. Register to vote.

Find out how to register to vote at:

2. Join the NYDVN database.

If you are a voter with a disability and would like to join the database, email me at Please be sure to include “NYDVN Database” in the subject line. You will be added to a mailing list that will keep you updated on important voting information and efforts.

3. Volunteer.

Email me at to be added to the interested volunteers list. The NYDVN project is expected to officially launch in Fall 2013. Once everything is up and running, I will get in touch with you and let you know how you can contribute to the project.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Find out more

Find out more

Support the development of telehealth/telemedicine services to increase access to medical services i

Find out more

Find out more

National MS Society License Plate FAQ

What is a Society license plate?

Custom plates bear the logo of the National MS Society and are available to motorists who wish to contribute to the effort to find a cure for MS.

How much do they cost?

If you have a previous version of the Society plate, you can upgrade to the latest design for $28.75. First-time registrants can purchase the Society plate with a standard plate number assigned by DMV for an initial fee of $53.75. The annual fee of $25 is in addition to the standard registration renewal fee. The plate can also be personalized with a number between two and six characters long, including spaces, for an initial fee of $85. The annual renewal fee for a personalized Society plate is $56.25.

What is the money used for?

It is used to support the New York State MS Research Fund which supports pediatric MS research conducted at Jacobs Neurological Institute in Buffalo and the MS center at Stony Brook Long Island Children’s Hospital.

How do I obtain a Society license plate?

The Society plate is available in both passenger and commercial class. You can order it online at or by calling the DMV Custom Plates Unit at (518) 402-4838, Monday through Friday, between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m., or by visiting any local DMV office.

Can I get a plate indicating I am disabled?

In addition to being available for passenger class vehicles, the Society plate is available with the International Symbol of Access (ISA) on it for any registrant with a disability who qualifies for such a plate. Any individual qualifying for an ISA must contact the Custom Plates Unit at 518-402-4838 before submitting an application.


Chapter Home