MONSTER SCRAMBLE 5K, 10K, AND 1 MILE TRICK-OR-TREAT WALK
Make your personal achievement of running a long-distance race even more memorable by helping those who live with the unpredictable challenges of multiple sclerosis. Join us throughout the month of October at a location near you, and run to stop MS!
Click below for information on the race closest to you, and register today!
Monster Scramble: Buffalo
Monster Scramble: Capital District
Monster Scramble: Hudson Valley
Monster Scramble: Rochester
Monster Scramble: Syracuse
Monster Scramble: Mohawk Valley
Download and print our race application by clicking here.
About our race:
The Monster Scramble 5K, 10K, and 1 mile trick-or-treat walk is just what you’ve been waiting for – a Halloween-themed, chip-timed run through one of our spooky sites. It’s sure to make your heart (and feet) race! If running isn’t your speed, choose to stroll along the one mile trick-or-treat walk route, collecting Halloween goodies along the way. We encourage all participants to dress up and have fun.
to view photos from last year’s events!
When you register as a runner: The registration fee for a runner is $25 pre-event and $30 day-of the event. The first 1,500 run registrants (across all 6 sites) will receive a Monster Scramble t-shirt and finishing medal.
When you register as a walker: The registration fee for a walker (age 3 and up) is $5 pre-event and $10 day-of the event. All walkers will receive a candy collection bag and the option to participate in the trick or treat stops along the route and the “Kid Zone” stations at the start/finish area.
When you register as a volunteer: There is no registration fee for volunteers but fundraising is always encouraged.
While there is no minimum fundraising requirement for this event, we encourage all participants to raise as much as they can to support local programs and MS research. When you register, be sure to let us know that you plan on collecting pledges and we will send you a Monster Scramble fundraising kit! Prizes will be given to all participants who reach fundraising levels of $100, $250, or $500+ by the Friday before the event. Top individual and team fundraisers at each run site will also win a prize! All funds raised go toward cutting edge research initiatives to find a cure for MS and toward programs and services for people and families affected by MS across Upstate New York.
Every 5K/10K finisher will receive an official Monster Scramble 5K/10K t-shirt and finishing medal.
Prizes will also be awarded in each of the following categories at each run location:
- Top individual fundraiser
- Top fundraising team
- Participants who reach the $100, $250, or $500 fundraising levels
- Top overall 5K male finisher
- Top overall 10K male finisher
- Top overall 5K female finisher
- Top overall 10K female finisher
- Top 5K male finisher in each age category (0-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, and 70+)
- Top 10K male finisher in each age category (0-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, and 70+)
- Top 5K female finisher in each age category (0-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, and 70+)
- Top 10K female finisher in each age category (0-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, and 70+)
- Best costumed adult participant
- Best costumed child participant
- Best group costume