This swimming exercise program is co-sponsored by the National MS Society of Oklahoma and St. John Health Club. Participants may receive help with funding their attendance; the program promotes strength and works towards preventing or minimizing symptoms.
The buoyancy and resistance of the water provide a natural and supportive environment to improve:
- functional daily skills
- exercise tolerance
- strength, improved circulation
- reduced pain & spasticity
- muscular & joint contracture
- weight loss
- joint range of motion
- and FUN!
Plus, you also gain from these additional benefits:
- promote strength
- increase stamina
- develop flexibility
- helps prevent or minimize muscular fatigue and weakness
- is a positive factor to the maintenance of remissions
- is an affirmation action to lessen the acuteness of exacerbations
- aids in stress management help to maximize independent functioning
For more information, contact the facility at 918-744-2345 or visit their website.
*Program content was not developed by the National MS Society, but we wish to inform you of the class.