MS Ambassadors are a group of dedicated volunteers that spread the word about MS and the programs and services offered by the National MS Society. These volunteers educate, engage and encourage others to Join the Movement® to create a world free of MS.
MS Ambassadors expertly represent the Society’s movement toward a world free of MS by mobilizing the community and increasing public understanding, awareness and education of MS. Ambassadors have a variety of responsibilities:
- Educate the general public about MS, the Society and Chapter activities by participating in local health fairs, visiting community/civic groups, public speaking opportunities and media appearances.
- Attend Chapter programs, fundraising events, and Walk MS and Bike MS team fundraisers/kick-offs to talk about the Society and Oregon Chapter.
- Advocate locally and nationally for issues that impact the MS community.
- Recruit new volunteers and participants for Chapter activities.
- Participate in MS Awareness Week activities.