Every year, people nationwide help create a world free of multiple sclerosis by contributing through their employer’s charitable giving campaign.
Participating in the charitable giving campaign sponsored by your employer is easy. Simply sign up to make a contribution by directing a portion of your paycheck to the National MS Society and your tax-deductible donation is automatically sent to us.
Corporate employee giving programs
Many national and local corporations offer their employees an opportunity to make a charitable donation through payroll deductions.
Combined Federal Campaign #11409
- If your employer partners with Community Health Charities (CHC), look for the National MS Society listing under CHC.
- If your employer offers an independent campaign, ask your program administrator how to designate your gift to the National MS Society.
Federal government employees and members of the U.S. Military Forces can support the Society through the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) by designating their contribution to CFC# 11409. You will also find our local listing numbers under Community Health Charities.
State and local public sector campaigns
Be sure to look for the Society listed under Community Health Charities (CHC) on the designation lists for your state, city, county or school employee giving campaigns. For more information, ask your program administrator.
If your employer offers a United Way program, ask your administrator how you can designate your gift to the National MS Society.
Many employers sponsor “matching gift” programs — meaning they will match the charitable contributions made by their employees. Find out if your company has a matching gift policy.
Demonstrate your company’s commitment to health, corporate social responsibility and charitable giving, and strengthen employee engagement. A well-organized campaign gives both employees and employers an opportunity to support charities about which they feel passionate.
When companies participate, employees have the opportunity to donate a portion of each paycheck to the charity of their choice. The National MS Society is pleased to recommend our partner organization, Community Health Charities, to help you set up an annual employee giving campaign in your workplace — or enhance an existing program.
Community Health Charities
For more than 50 years, Community Health Charities (CHC) has united caring donors in the workplace with the nation’s most trusted health charities
whose missions touch the lives of more than 133 million Americans impacted by a disability or chronic disease.
With more BBB Wise Giving Alliance charities that any other federation in America, and offices across the country
, CHC is a leader in establishing, and helping organizations create and manage workplace giving campaigns that empower donors with personal choice.
CHC is dedicated to helping employers build a culture of giving and volunteerism where employees connect to health issues important to them. Some of the resources available to employers from CHC include:
- Campaign Resource Center: tools to help companies with their workplace giving campaigns.
- Health Matters at Work®: a comprehensive web and workplace-based health initiative that helps businesses, employees and their families learn about prevention of chronic disease, as well as manage chronic health conditions more effectively.
- Volunteer Matters 365℠: a series of web-based tools for companies to strengthen its relationships with campaign partners. CHC works with some of America's most socially active companies to link them with America's leading health charities through workplace giving campaigns.