The listings below represent other resources that may be useful to people living with MS. They are NOT sponsored or endorsed by the National MS Society. They are offered for informational purposes only as a convenience to our clients.
- 101 Accessible Vacations: Travel Ideas for Wheelers and Slow Walkers
The first guidebook dedicated exclusively to wheelchair-accessible destinations, lodgings and recreational opportunities.
- Accelerated Cure Project
A national nonprofit organization dedicated to curing MS by determining its causes.
- Arizona Bridge to Independent Living (ABIL)
Offers programs designed to empower people living with disabilites.
- Arizona Caregiver Coalition
- Arizona Chronic Illness Network
A group that provides social and support activities to Phoenix residents living with various chronic illnesses, mostly autoimmune in nature.
- Arizona Disability Vote Coalition
For all current disability vote information throughout Arizona.
- Arizona Disabled Sports
- Arizona Foundation for Behavioral Health
- Arizona Paralzed Veterans of America (AZPVA)
- Disability Claims
Offers disability help for filing claims (all states).
A physician-founded health information website with one of the largest libraries of original health education videos on the web.
- Family Caregiver Alliance
- Fact Sheet on Caregiver Health. This sheet discusses the impact of caregiving on the mental and physical health of the caregiver, summarizes research from a variety of sources and offers recommendations from a public policy perspective.
- Free Tax Preperation
The City of Phoenix. Click here for more information and to learn if you qualify.
- Health Talk
- Horses Help
Horses Help utilizes specially trained horses, well-qualified instructors that are certified by North American Riding for the Handicapped Assn. (NARHA), physical and occupational therapists and community volunteers to form exceptional teams to work with the special abilities population. Those who are interested can go to the website to download the rider application and medical release form, which needs to be completed by a doctor.
- MS Active Source
Patient assistance information on Avonex and Tysabri. Offered by Biogen Idec.
- MS Friends
Offers support programs for people living with MS.
- MS LifeLines
A collaboration of EMD Serono and Pfizer
- MS Workplace
MS Workplace is a first-of-its-kind online initiative that will provide MS-specific career advice, workplace tips and job postings targeted toward the MS community.
- NCPIE: National Council on Patient Information and Education
- Fact Sheet on Rx Assistance Programs. This sheet provides up-to-date information on Prescription Assistance Programs (PAPs) to help consumers save on their medicines.
- talkMS: A Mulitiple Sclerosis Blog
- Tucson Commission on Disability Issues (CODI)
Official advisory body to the Mayor and Council on the priority of concerns faced by the disabled community of Tucson.
- Tysabri Teleconferences
Various MS topics discussed each month. Sponsored by Biogen Idec.