High Park Fire and Its Impact on Bike MS - UPDATED 6/26/12
Our original route has been affected by the tragic High Park fire and has been changed each day to reduce our impact on those communities affected by the fire, including both Masonville and Horsetooth Reservoir areas.
CANCELLATION: The Century Option has been cancelled
The start time on Sunday morning has been changed to 6:30 - 8:30 a.m.
The route may have changed but the goal of Bike MS remains the same. A challenging, inspirational weekend is ahead of you.
Your health and safety are our main priority. We have implemented a variety of precautionary measures and we encourage all cyclists, volunteers and spectators to take advantage of them if needed.
1) Air quality is ever changing in the region based on wind and other factors; take care of yourself and catch a SAG, take an extended break at a rest stop or just slow down. This is a ride, not a race.
2) Shuttles/buses are available in Loveland at Rest Stop #5 on Day 1 to take any cyclists to the finish line, which is above and beyond our standard SAG operation. Bicycles can be claimed later in the day at the Bike Corral.
3) Shuttles will be available as necessary Sunday morning to transport cyclists to the Loveland Rest Stop. Bicycles will follow in a separate vehicle (expect some lag time between you and your bike).
4) The Lory Student Center, east of Team Village, will be open all day Saturday for relief from the heat and/or fire-related conditions.
5) Information booths at both Front Range Community College and CSU will have updated information regarding these and any other changes.
We encourage each rider to take into consideration his/her personal health conditions and only participate to the extent that you are able. People with heart or lung disease, asthma or allergies and older adults and children may be sensitive to the high levels of ozone and particulates in the air, plus high temperatures predicted for this weekend.
Our thoughts continue to go out to everyone affected by the wildfire and to all the courageous firefighters.
Ride safely, enjoy the experience and don’t hesitate to proudly and loudly thank all of the communities we ride through, the rest stop hosts who have gone above and beyond accommodating last minute changes and our fantastic volunteers!
Thanks for doing your part to raise critical dollars to fund MS research and provide programs and services to those living and affected by MS in our communities.
Together we will reach our goal of raising $3.6 million to create a world free of MS.