Bike MS's reputation rides with you and every other participant. The inconsiderate and dangerous behavior of a few cyclists threatens the Ride's future in our host communities. By obeying all traffic laws and cycling rules and being courteous to motorists, cyclists and host communities around you, we ensure a positive experience for all.
- Obey all traffic laws, including stop signs and traffic lights
- Always wear a helmet
- Never use a cell phone or headphones while riding - it is against the law
- Always ride single file on narrow shoulders and never ride more than two abreast
- Look before passing other cyclists
- Use hand signals to indicate turns
- Pass only on the left and always call out "on your left" after looking to make sure it is clear
- Leave space between you and the rider ahead
- Yield to emergency vehicles on the route
- Avoid riding in pacelines, especially with strangers
Should a cyclist choose to behave, act, or ride in a manner that is endangering themselves or others, Ride Officials and State Patrol officers have been instructed to remove their bib and wristband and they will no longer be allowed to continue on the ride. Please remember: this is a ride, not a race.