The Knowledge Is Power (KIP) program is a free, at-home educational series for people newly diagnosed with MS and their families. KIP is written by Dr. Rosalind Kalb, a highly regarded author and psychologist, who knows about MS and the effect it can have on your life and the lives of people who care about you. KIP provides up-to-date facts about many aspects of MS.
Knowledge Is Power provides information about dealing with one of the greatest challenges presented by MS—the unpredictability and uncertainty of the future.
Receive new topics each week in the convenience of your home:
- Taking the First Steps: What is MS? Dealing with Your Diagnosis & Disclosure
- Disease-modifying Treatments for MS
- Maximizing Your Employment Options
- Treating Yourself Well
- Maintaining Healthy Relationships: Family, Friends, and Colleagues
- Working with Your Doctor
You can have Knowledge Is Power delivered to your email address or your postal address. Choose the service that serves you best. When we receive your registration, your subscription will begin the very next month and will continue for six weeks at no cost to you.
- Contact us at 1.800.344.4867
- Register online*
*Be sure to specify which delivery method you prefer: email or postal mail. KIP is also available in Spanish upon your request.
Past participants have shared the following comments:
- "Excellent. Just the right amount of information."
- "I appreciate that the articles came weekly giving me time to absorb information."
- "This information has helped my husband and family learn more."
- "I loved reading KIP. It has really opened my eyes to my situation, what I can expect, and what to look for."
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society gratefully acknowledges the generous unrestricted educational grants given by Biogen Idec; EMD Serono and Pfizer, Inc.; and Teva Neuroscience to support this project.