A Helping Hand When It's Needed Most
We offer financial assistance through the Direct Assistance Program to individuals with MS and their families to help access needed services that are not available using other resources (private insurance, Medicare, MediCal). The program is based on financial need and offers funding for the following services:
Rhoda Goetz Personal Care Fund:
- In-Home Assistance Support: Provided through a licensed home care agency for a person experiencing an exacerbation or post-hospital visit who does not have a caregiver. Limit: Up to 100 hours maximum per year in combination with the Grisanti Respite Fund, if needed.
- Chore Service Program: Assistance for house cleaning service. Limit: up to $300 per fiscal year.
- Durable Medical Equipment: Share of cost for durable medical equipment (wheelchairs, hand rails,etc.) if not covered by insurance. Limit: up to $400 per year.
- Sherak Emergency Fund: Funding for unexpected one-time situations (food, rent, utilities). Official documentation demonstrating proof of emergency is required with application. Limit: up to $300 every 18 months.
- Physical/Occupational/Speech Therapy: In-home evaluation and five to six follow-up visits for aperson who cannot leave home and whose insurance will not cover this service.
- Grisanti Respite Fund: Provided through a licensed home care agency for the family member who is afull-time care partner and needs time off. Limit: Up to 100 hours maximum per year in combination with Rhoda Goetz Home Assistance Fund, if needed.
- Supporting the Family: A fund to take care of special out-of-the-ordinary family needs (i.e.school pictures, sports uniforms, etc.). Limit: up to $300 per year.