MS is a complex condition to manage that can be difficult for even general neurologists to be knowledgeable on the most current treatment strategies.
As a partner in care, we work with health care providers to improve access to specialty care and enhance the quality of care for those living with MS. Toward that end, our MS Physician Consultation program helps local physicians consult with MS specialist colleagues in order to bring the best MS care options to their patients.
The consultation is intended to provide input on treatment and/or symptom management for patients who currently do not see an MS specialist.
You may be eligible for a one-time consultation with an MS specialist if you meet all of the following criteria:
- You must live within the Southern California & Nevada Chapter area.
- You are diagnosed with MS or have a suspected MS diagnosis.
- You are currently receiving treatment for MS by a medical professional who may not have the level of expertise to handle the complex issues that MS presents.
- You have MediCal or an HMO which will not pay for services of an MS specialist, or you live in a geographic area with limited access to MS specialty care.
- You must have a physician to follow-up on the recommendations from the MS consultation.
If you are interested in finding out more about the MS Physician Consultation program, please call 1.800.344.4867.