Do you sometimes feel unsteady on your feet?
Do you often use a wall or furniture to help you balance when you walk?
Do you get nervous going down stairs?
Have you had an unexpected trip or fall?
Falls are quite common among people with MS. But there is something you can do to reduce your risk and prevent unnecessary injuries that can impact your well-being.
Free From Falls is a new 8-week fall prevention program designed specifically for people with MS who are able to walk, but may be at risk for falling.
In just 8-weeks you will:
- Gain an increase awareness of what can contribute to falls
- Identify strategies you can use to prevent falls in your home and in the community
- Engage in and develop a fitness plan to improve balance, endurance, strength and mobility to reduce fall risk
- Increase your confidence to avoid falls and to manage falls, if they do occur.
In a fun, supportive group atmosphere, expert instructors in rehabilitation, health and wellness will help you develop a personal plan to maximize your safety and well-being.
Enrolling now for classes beginning in late April at these locations:
- West Los Angeles~Marilyn Hilton MS Achievement Center at UCLA
Cost: $50 per person. Call to learn more about this program and determine if it is right for you, call Tiffany Jordan at 1.800.344.4867, ext 66130 for information and to sign-up today.
Call 1.800.344.4867 ext 66130 for information on future classes.