Whether someone is newly diagnosed or has been living with MS for some time, we offer a variety of customized programs that promote and encourage positive lifestyle choices that improve wellness and independence and address of continuum of interests and needs. Discover how to reclaim a sense of well-being and reinvent your approach to life with MS.
Learn how to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Brochures on Staying Well include topics such as exercise, nutrition, managing stress, emotions, intimacy and rehab.
- Our Lending Library also offers books, DVDs, and CDs to help you live well with MS.
Stay physically active
- Chapter-sponsored community classes: yoga, Pilates, aquatics, personal training and more. Check the Programs Connection for classes near you.
- MS Resource Center: Find local places to exercise in your area. Access to these resources is just a phone call away at 800.344.4867.
- Yoga with Eric Small video: Diagnosed with MS more than 50 years ago, Eric Small, a certified Iyengar yoga instructor, is a vibrant testament to yoga's power to cope with MS. With this DVD, the viewer can move through a sequence of breathing, postures and guided relaxation just as a participant would in one of Eric's classes. Call 310.479.4456 for a copy or purchase online.
- Join an event: Walk MS, Bike MS and Challenge Walk MS are fun ways to stay fit and give back.
Check the quarterly Programs Connection for programs on topics such as nutrition and stress management.
Living Well with MS
A 12-week program to help those newly diagnosed to better understand MS and gain the tools to diminish the effects of the disease
Optimal Living with MS
A 12-week program to help people experiencing changes in their MS to take control, improve physical function, regain and maintain independence, and overcome challenges
CogniFitness—Keeping the Mind Moving
Learn to improve focus and concentration, memory, organization, problem solving & critical thinking skills.
Free From Falls
Our 8-week fall prevention program is designed for people with MS who are ambulatory, but who may be at risk for falling. Learn about fall risks, tips and strategies to reduce risk for falling, and exercises to
enhance balance and safety.
Day Wellness Programs
In just one day each week, you can take part in activities that can enhance overall health, improve or stabilize function and increase independence.
Get involved…volunteer today