Educational Teleconference Series
This educational series is free and made available through the collaboration of the following chapters of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society: Arizona, Colorado and Wyoming, Greater Northwest, Inland Northwest, Northern California, Oregon, Pacific South Coast, Southern California & Nevada and Southern Idaho & Utah.
Dial, Listen & Learn
Join us from the comfort of your own phone for informative conference calls on a diverse range of topics for people living with MS. Pre-registration is required. Please click on the links below to register or call 1.800.344.4867. Prior to the teleconference, you will receive the toll-free dial-in number.
Exploring Every Potential Research Solution
Wednesday, November 13
5:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. PST
Click here to register
Learn from leading MS researchers and clinicians in California about progress being made in each of these targeted areas:
- STOP: Dr. Lilyana Amezcua from USC is defining genetic and ethnic contributions in MS, with an emphasis on differences in disease expression and progression in individuals of Hispanic descent.
- RESTORE: Dr. Nancy Sicotte from Cedars-Sinai is examining MRI images to search for the underlying cause of MS-related depression.
- END: Dr. Emanuelle Waubant from UCSF is focused on understanding the association bacteria in the digestive tract and the risk of developing MS in childhood and disease course.
Don’t miss this fantastic opportunity to hear how MS experts are pursuing these promising paths.
Eating Well, Eating Easy
Thursday, December 5
6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. PST
Click here to register
Good nutrition is essential to everyone. But for people with MS, the role of diet can have additional importance. The key to nutritional success means making choices that fit your lifestyle and can benefit how you live with MS. In this webinar, registered dietitian, Denise Nowack will share simple strategies to get you started down that road of living well by eating well. Discover how being a saavy snacker can give you the energy to keep you going throughout the day. She’ll provide tips and resources to make meals quick and easy. You'll learn how good nutrition can be a cornerstone to living well with MS. The teleconference will cover:
- Determine what gets in the way of eating well
- Identify strategies to easily integrate healthful eating into your lifestyle
- Recognize the interrelationship between aspects of your diet that could positively impact overall health, MS and manage symptoms.
Programs at Your Local Chapter
Join us at programs for people affected by MS at the location that is most convenient for you! Click any of the chapters below for more information about what's taking place in your area
|Colorado & Wyoming||Oregon|
|Greater Northwest||Pacific South Coast|
Southern California &
|Inland Northwest||Utah & Southern Idaho|