The Southern California Young Professionals Group was established in 2009 to provide a community for people in their 20s and 30s, who have a common goal of doing something about MS now. The SoCal YPG is led by a talented and committed group of professionals in Southern California to provide:
- Hope—through supporting research, and influencing activism and advocacy.
- Support—by providing a community of friends, offering education on topics important to young people, and responding to individuals, families, and friends living with MS.
- Awareness—by representing one of the many faces of MS, and mobilizing the passions and talents of young people to do something about MS.
- Do you enjoy mobilizing people to become engaged in the MS movement?
- Are you interested in sharing your story about being affected by MS?
- Do you often find yourself talking about your involvement with the MS Society?
MS Ambassadors are people who are passionate about engaging others in the movement. You don’t need to have MS, just a desire to bring an end to the disease.
We are in the process of creating an MS Ambassador program within the Southern California area, if you are interested in learning more about this wonderful opportuntiy please email Tiffany Jordan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have a special talent, an excellent connection, available resources or creative ideas which can help us raise MS awareness in Kern County? If so, Bakersfield Against Multiple Sclerosis (BAMS) can use your help! Join brainstorming meetings to help generate ideas for raising MS awareness in our community throughout the year.Contact Fotini Alfieris at 661.321.9512 or email@example.com.
Santa Barbara Public Awareness Committee
Come together with local volunteers who want to raise awareness of MS and let the Santa Barbara community know that the National MS Society is here to help. Help spread the word to people with MS and their families, health care professionals and the general public and get them engaged in our movement to end MS. This group of dedicated volunteers attends Nite Moves, the Santa Barbara Farmer's Market and other local events to help raise awareness. Next on the agenda is MS Awareness Week 2010.
If you're interested in getting involved, please contact Jeanette Chian at 805.682.8783 or firstname.lastname@example.org.