Opportunities with the programs & services department
Community Service Investigator
Description: Assist in identifying accurate and accessible resources for the National MS Society’s database referral list. The information about these resources will help the Society to alleviate certain obstacles confronted during activities of daily living for individuals, family members, and friends affected by multiple sclerosis.
Skills needed: Ability to represent the National MS Society in a professional manner,organized, effective verbal communication skills. Computer skills preferred.
Commitment: Initiate calls and meetings with local providers: 2-4 hours per month, Planning: 1-2 hours/month.
Please contact Tiffany Jordan at 800-344-4867 or tiffany.jordan@.nmss.org.
Additional Ongoing Opportunities:
- PEER COUNSELING Provide supportive phone counseling to people with MS. This can be done from home. Training provided.
- NEWLY DIAGNOSED MENTORS provide those recently diagnosed with MS an opportunity to speak with a peer who can share their experiences and answer questions from a personal perspective. Training is provided and a one-year commitment is required.
- Caring Connection Provide in-person visits to people with MS, in their homes or at skilled nursing facilities.
- INFORMATION AND REFERRAL SPECIALIST Handle calls from clients and/or family members regarding information and education on MS, medical equipment, insurance and general referrals. Access to the chapter database and training is provided.
- LENDING LIBRARY Catalogue and coordinate mailing of books, audio and video tapes to clients.