While each company has different processes, here's the typical process for getting your donated matched by your company.
Matching Gift Process
- First make a donation.
- Check our lookup list to see if your company matches. If you company comes up it definitely has a matching gift program, if it doesn’t you should check with your company anyway, it may have a matching gift program we just aren’t aware of.
- Talk to your HR person about your company’s matching gift program, they will guide you through the next steps.
Most companies will use one of the following methods:
- Your company may use an online employee giving and matching portal such as Easymatch.com, Cybergrants.com or Matchgift.com. You will create or log in to an employee account, where you will submit a request to have your donation matched.
- Your corporate matching program will then e-mail fax or mail us a notification of the matching request, so we can verify that we have received the donation
- Your will receive a paper form. You will fill out the employee section will your information, and the details of the gift you made.
- You then mail or fax the form to the chapter so we can fill out the Organization section to verify that we have received the donation.
- We send the completed verification back to your corporate matching program, and pending final approval they then mail us a check to match your gift.
Information to use when requesting a match:
Any gift made to the Northern California Chapter should use the following information:
National Multiple Sclerosis Society
Northern California Chapter
1700 Owens St Ste 190
San Francisco, CA 94158
EIN/Tax ID# is 94-1294935.
Matching gifts will be applied to event participant fundraising if applicable. Please include the name of the participant somewhere in the designation or purpose field of the matching gift form if possible.
Due to the fact that matching gift payouts often occur too slowly to make specific event pledge and fundraising deadlines, we count verified matching gifts that have not yet been received towards fundraising totals. If your company’s matching gift program allows you to verify your own gift with a receipt, please provide us with documentation if you need to get credit for the match before the actual check is sent out.