Fall is in the air and it is time to celebrate! The holidays are right around the corner and November is National Family Caregiver Month. Learn more in this issue about ways to stay connected and get support!
November is National Family Caregiver Month
We always want to take time to recognize the loving efforts of family caregivers around the country, but November is particularly impactful to do so since it’s National Family Caregiver Month. We want to educate and raise awareness around caregiver issues as well as increase support for the vital role they play.
- Make a friendly call to ask how they are
- Offer to prepare a meal a few times a week
- Help sort through or fill out important documents
- Summon a handyman to do small home repairs
- Pick up prescriptions
- Buy them groceries for the week
- Offer to take them to dinner and a movie
- Share supportive resources in their community
- Lend an ear or be a shoulder to lean on
- Give them a hug and tell them that you care
Stay Connected: Resources for Family Caregivers
- Join a Community Support Group
- Visit a Local Caregiver Center
- Utilize Other Online Resources
We are excited to partner with MS Cruisers to offer an MS Cruise experience for people with MS in 2013! MS Cruisers invite us to join them in 2013 for a 7-day journey to Mexico leaving from San Diego. PRICES HAVE JUST BEEN REDUCED! Act today.
To find out more visit them online.
Torrey Pines Kiwanis Ski Scholarship Program
This program was designed to provide an opportunity for people with disabilities to learn how to ski under the careful direction of the Adaptive Sports Association (ASA) ski instructors at the Durango Mountain Resort in Colorado. The skiers would travel to Durango during January, February, and March of 2013. To apply for one of these scholarships please contact Katie Freiert at firstname.lastname@example.org or 714-689-9601. Applications are due by December 5, 2012.