These small groups meet in person, in central locations throughout Orange, San Diego and Imperial counties. Each group is facilitated by a therapist and runs for 4-10 weeks. Some of the topics include:
- Moving Forward with MS - A group for people who have been diagnosed within the last three years or are experiencing minimal symptoms.
- Living with the Challenges - A group for those who have been diagnosed with MS and are experiencing mobility related and other non-minimal symptoms.
- Parenting with MS - A group for parents with MS who are raising their children
Caregivers - Groups are offered monthly to help support persons in a caregiving role.
- In San Diego, the group meets on the third Thursday of the month, 6:30-8pm, at SCRC Office, 3675 Ruffin Road, Suite 230, San Diego, CA 92123. Facilitated by Seraphina Galante, MSW and Family Consultant at Southern California Caregiver Resource Center.
- The women's group meets on the second Wednesday of the month, 6:30-8pm, at the Costa Mesa Chapter office.
Phone-in Support Groups
These groups meet for eight weeks via telephone; members simply call in to the toll-free number each week. They are designed to address a variety of individual needs including:
- Taking the Next Steps - for those recently diagnosed with MS
- Living Well With MS - for those who have been living with MS for a few years and have fairly minimal symptoms
- Living with the Challenges - for those experiencing changes in symptoms
Watch your MSConnection newsletter for announcements as new groups are forming all the time! For more information on any of these groups or to sign up please call 1-800-344-4867, option "1."