- Health care reform
- Improved community resources
- Disability rights
- Long-term care resources
- Access to quality health care services
- Increased funding for MS research
- Accessible, affordable health insurance
Read more about
- The National MS Society, Government Affairs and Advocacy/Update on Health Care Reform
- Insurance Provisions of the Affordable Care Act: An Implementation Timeline for California- California Healthcare Foundation
- The Henry J. Kaiser Foundation website on health care reform
- Healthcare.gov-a federal government website managed by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
- California Managed Risk Medical Insurance Board-Oversees the temporary federal high risk pool
- In Washington, DC, we are working toward positive legislative change. Join MS action alerts.
- Read the National Health Care Reform Principles. These principles help guide our role in the national health care reform debate and determine the Society’s policy priorities.
- Read activism success stories.
- Read about hot federal issues.
California advocacy priorities are currently being updated. Please check back daily for more information.
At the chapter we think that real people should have a real impact on reforming the system. Many of the local issues that we address come directly from individuals who contact the chapter about a problem affecting people with MS in their community. Some of these issues include public transportation, housing, emergency preparedness, and health care.
To learn more about current hot topics in advocacy or for more information, please contact Aarushi.Malhotra@nmss.org at 760-448-8400.