- Excitement is contagious. It is important for potential sponsors to understand just how enthusiastic you are about their sponsorship participation.
- When you raise funds for the National MS Society, Connecticut Chapter, you are helping people with MS in your community. You are helping to fund research for this unpredictable disease. Make the first pledge yourself. When your friends and family members see your name and contribution, they will see how serious you are.
Ask Anyone And Everyone
- Ask family and friends first. Once you have tackled the “easy ones,” branch out to ask clients, coworkers, clubs … anyone and everyone for pledges.
Ask For A Specific Amount
- Tell sponsors your average pledge amount and ask them to beat it.
Use Our Online Fundraising Tools
- Once you register for the bike MS Ride you will gain access to our online fundraising tools. You can create your own Web page, and send blast e-mails inviting your friends and family to join your team. People can also pledge to you online using our secure site, My Participant Center.
Make A List Of Places Where You Spend Money
- Great places to solicit pledges are doctor and dentist offices, your dry cleaner, auto repair shops and favorite restaurants.
- Send an announcement of your plan to take part in the bike MS Ride to friends, business associates, church members, family and old acquaintances. Don’t forget company, organization and school newsletters. Ask for their support in writing.
Ask Vendors At Your Place Of Business
- Coffee vendors, paper vendors, delivery service people, copier technicians and associates who are hoping to maintain that friendly business relationship are often happy to make a pledge.
Double Your Pledges
- Contact your Human Resources Department to find out if your company has a corporate matching gift program. Visit Matching Gifts to find out how you can double your donations.
Are you a member of a civic organization?
- Ask to be placed on the agenda at the next meeting and ask the group to sponsor you. Attend the meeting in your bike gear to promote the event and your mission.
- Keep in mind that pledges can help you earn fabulous prizes for going above and beyond the minimum pledge amount. More importantly, you’ll feel good knowing that you made a difference in the life of someone with MS.
MS Paper Wheels Sales
- You can energize your bike MS fundraising by selling paper wheels in your place of business, at school or in your community. Thousands of wheels have been sold in Connecticut over the past two decades, moving us forward toward a cure for this devastating disease. The National MS Society will send you wheels that you can sell for $1 or more. You can then "paper" your office, storefront, school or other community location with the paper wheels. Ask local businesses that you support if you can sell paper wheels to raise funds to benefit the 6,000 Connecticut residents living with MS. Place dollars raised from paper wheels in a labeled envelope and include it with your donations turned in at check-in.
Please feel free to e-mail Jessica Tedford, Development Coordinator, at jtedford@ctfightsMS.org or call 860.913.2550, ext. 227, for a more personalized approach to your fundraising.
Return to the bike MS: Cardio Express Ride 2009, presented by Mohegan Sun home page.