Everything you need to know about 2013 Walk MS, presented by Travelers
REGISTRATION OPENS NOVEMBER 1ST
Sunday, April 21, 2013 Rain or Shine
- Walk MS day is Sunday, April 21, 2013
- Walk MS is rain or shine
- Walker check-in begins at 8 a.m. in most locations (Danbury 10 a.m./Litchfield 10 a.m. / Westport 9 a.m. / Stamford 9 a.m.)
- Walk MS begins at 9 a.m. (Danbury 11 a.m./Litchfield 11 a.m. / Westport 10 a.m./ Stamford 10 a.m.)
- Be sure to bring your donation envelope to the check-in table
- If you raise $100 or more, you will take home an official Walk MS T-shirt
Choose Your Own Site:
- Cheshire - Cheshire High School
- Clinton - Joel Elementary School
- Danbury - Western Connecticut State University (Westside Campus)
- Enfield - JFK Middle School
- Litchfield - Litchfield Town Green
- Manchester - Manchester Community College
- New London - Mitchell College
- Simsbury - Westminster School
- Stamford - Commons Park at Harbor Point
- West Hartford - University of Connecticut, West Hartford Campus
- West Haven - West Haven High School
- Westport - Sherwood Island State Park
Walkers can register before the walk by calling 1.860.913.2550 or by registering online.
After you register, you are sent a packet (packets to be mailed end of Jan.) containing a donation envelope and FootNotes newsletter. Ask people to sponsor you with a donation (instead of cents or dollars per mile) and collect the money before the walk.
Walk MS Walkers are pampered!! You enjoy:
- Rest stops along each route provide snacks and water.
- A festive finish line celebration including Subway sandwiches and beverages by Coca Cola.
- Special support vehicles should you have any trouble along the way or are unable to finish the walk
- Walk Ambassadors who have MS will be cheering walkers at the finish line.
Prizes for walkers & volunteers who fundraise:
- Prize level and award descriptions available online here at prizes.
- Raise $100 or more and get your official Walk MS T-Shirt on walk day.
- We encourage walkers to sign up to walk with friends and form a team. Teams can be company, school, church, family, neighbors, exercise groups, etc. Anyone can form a team!
- Teams consist of four or more people.
- For team related questions contact Michael Branda at 860.913.2550 ext 52541 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Forming a team is a great way to have fun with people you work with and also for your company to show support for the National MS Society.
- You can also win great awards such as: most money raised by a company team, by a family team, best team average, and best team spirit.
Why you walk!
- Join in the fight against MS! This year’s goal is to raise over $1,450,000.
- You will also join over 9,500 walkers as they help to move our mission and vision forward toward a world free of MS.