- What is WAMS?
- What is a Table Captain?
- I’m interested in becoming a Table Captain. How do I sign up and how can I fill my table?
- How do guests reserve and pay for a seat at the event?
- Do I need a ticket to get in?
- What if I cannot attend but still want to make a donation?
- How is my donation used?
- Does my WAMS fee have to be a personal donation?
- What is a sponsorship?
- Are there scholarships/discounts available for WAMS?
Women Against MS (WAMS) is a fundraising event established in 2001 by a committee of dynamic female leaders. Since then, the WAMS event has grown exponentially each year. It is anticipated that more than 350 women from the Greater Hartford area will come together at the 2012 event to continue the fight against multiple sclerosis. Highlights of the event include a full-course luncheon, silent drawing and an agenda of inspirational presentations.
A Table Captain is an individual who commits to supporting WAMS by filling a table of 10 (one captain and nine guests) at the event. A table can also be co-captained with a friend (each Table Captain has four guests). A $100 minimum donation will be collected in advance from each guest.
Contact Meg Staubley at 860.913.2550, ext. 52524, and we will be happy to explain the process thoroughly. If you are interested, start compiling a comprehensive list of possible guests from your personal and business Rolodex, civic organizations, volunteer organizations, religious groups, friends, relatives, etc. While the WAMS event is driven by a steering committee of women, it is not exclusive to women and we encourage you to invite men who might be interested in attending the event. At the Table Captain Kick-off you will receive all of the materials necessary to recruit your guests. A $100 minimum donation will be collected in advance from each guest, then you will submit a confirmed guest list for your table to the MS Society. Once this has been done, all you and your guests have to do is attend the luncheon and enjoy!
It’s simple! Here are the options:
- All guests must register and pay the minimum $100 donation in advance. Your Table Captain will provide you with pre-payment forms and return envelopes, which can be mailed to the Connecticut Chapter with a check or credit card number. If you do not have a Table Captain, you may also mail a check to the chapter indicating that it is for WAMS tickets. Please be sure to include the names of all attendees. Once payment is received, you are automatically registered for the event.
- Guests can also register and pay online. Please remember to enter your Table Captain’s name so you will be seated at the appropriate table at the WAMS Luncheon. You will automatically be registered for the event.
- Guests may also call the Connecticut Chapter at 860.913.2550 and register over the phone with a credit card. This is highly recommended if you are registering several people at once.
No. Once you have prepaid, your name will automatically be added to the event registration list. All you have to do is give your name at the registration table.
That is wonderful! You may submit a donation at any time by mail, phone or online. Please indicate that you are NOT attending the WAMS event but, if applicable, include your Table Captain’s name.
Sixty percent of every dollar raised stays in Connecticut to support vital local services and programs. Forty percent of every dollar raised is used to support national programs and vital MS research. The National MS Society, Connecticut Chapter is very proud of its low overall fundraising and administrative costs. Of the money raise, 89 percent goes directly to helping people with MS.
No! If you would prefer to raise funds to cover your $100 donation, or be sponsored by someone else, you may do so. Please be sure to communicate to your Table Captain and chapter staff where the donation will be coming from and who the ticket is for so that there is no confusion.
A sponsorship is a donation, usually from a corporate entity, that helps the chapter underwrite the expenses associated with the event so that we can increase our fundraising capabilities. There are many levels of sponsorship and a variety of benefits associated with each, including tickets to the luncheon and promotional opportunities. If you think that your company might want to sponsor WAMS, please contact Meg Staubley at 860.913.2550, ext. 52524, and we will be happy to discuss sponsorship options.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer any discounts on WAMS tickets. There are many expenses associated with this event and we require a $100 minimum donation from each guest so that we can achieve our fundraising goals. We highly encourage that anyone who is interested in attending but unable to pay try to raise the funds. Many of our guests have successfully done this in the past and chapter staff will be happy to offer suggestions and assistance.
Return to the Women Against MS luncheon – Hartford Home Page.