The chapter is pleased to provide members with transportation assistance to medical appointments by wheelchair van or taxi service. Chapter members are eligible to receive two round-trip rides per year to medical appointments only. Please note the following guidelines:
- The individual must be a person with MS and a member of the Connecticut Chapter.
- All transportation paid for by the chapter must be pre-arranged and authorized by chapter staff. The chapter requires two weeks advance notice to arrange transportation.
- People who need personal care assistance should bring a companion. Companions are not provided by the chapter.
- Payment will be made directly to the transportation company. Transportation costs already paid for will not be reimbursed.
- The individual must meet financial need criteria, which is decided by the State Median Income Guideline from the Connecticut Tech Act Project.
Return to the Assistance Home Page.