June 9-14, 2013
MS Vacation Week is an annual program hosted by the Connecticut and Greater New England Chapters of the National MS Society. It is a six-day overnight getaway for people with MS that combines recreation, education and fun. During this very special week, participants meet others living with MS, form friendships, have fun, learn about managing the impact of the disease and engage in challenging activites in a supportive environment.
MS Vacation Week takes place at Easter Seals Camp Hemlocks in Hebron, Conn. Camp Hemlocks is a fully accessible, year-round camping facility featuring an accessible indoor pool with lift and a 22-acre lake, just 25 minutes from Hartford.
Activities at MS Vacation Week include:
- Arts and crafts - painting, flower arranging, tie-dying, sculpture
- Classic "camp" activities - boating, fishing, nature walks, archery, scavenger hunt
- Exercise - swimming, aquasize, field games, yoga, morning stretches
- Educational presentations - symptom management, ressearch, animal therapy
- "Day of Beauty" - massages, haircuts and styling, manicures, makeup application
- Just plain fun! - campfire karaoke, bingo, costume party, talent show, "drive-in" movie night
View photos from previous years:
Check out past years:
MS Vacation Week 2011 News Release
MS Vacation Week 2010 News Release
MS Vacation Week 2009 News Release
MS Vacation Week 2008 Recap
MS Vacation Week 2007 Recap
MS Vacation Week 2006 Recap
MS Vacation Week 2005 Recap
Return to the Education Home Page.