Employment Teleconference Series:
January through March 2011
From January through March 2011, we were pleased to present a series of teleconferences on a variety of topics regarding employment and MS. Recordings of the calls and handouts are available below. Please note that the call files are large and may take a minute to open.
Topics and Dates:
- How to Apply for Jobs in the Federal Government - January 27
- Social Security Disability Eligibility and Application Process - February 10
- Social Security Disability and Returning to Work - February 17
- Part-Time Jobs with Flexibility - February 24
- Practical Tips for Managing Challenging MS Symptoms on the Job - March 16
- MS, Wellness, and Work - March 30
Learn about special hiring programs for people living with disabilities and how to navigate the federal system from a regional recruitment coordinator with the U.S. Department of Labor.
- Finding and Applying for Jobs in the Federal Government Presentation
- Sample Schedule A letter
- Tips for Applying for a DOL Job
- Series APP
Learn what it takes to be approved for Social Security disability benefits from a Social Security attorney.
- Checklist-Adult Disability Interview
- Disability Benefits Checklist for Adults Applying on the Internet
- Medical and Job Worksheet-Adult
- Useful Websites and Resources
- What You Should Know Before You Apply for SSDI benefits
Your Right to Representation
Learn about the impact work might have on your disability benefits from a community work incentive coordinator.
- Social Security WISE-Work Incentives Seminar Event (Presentation)
SSA Publication-Working While Disabled
Social Security Administration’s Red Book of Work Incentives -
Work Incentives Planning and Assistance (WIPA) fact sheet - http://www.socialsecurity.gov/work/wipafactsheet.html
Work Incentives Planning and Assistance (WIPA) directory by state - https://secure.ssa.gov/apps10/oesp/providers.nsf/bystate
Learn about part-time and non-traditional job opportunities that allow for a flexible schedule.
- Higher Paying Jobs that Require Subject Matter Expertise and/or Higher Education
- Mystery Shopping-How Do I get Started
- Mystery Shopping Positives of Being a Field Agent
- Mystery Shopping FAQs
- National Associations for Retail Marketing Services-NARMS
- Online Juror
- Sites for Making a Little Money on the Side
- Ten Things A Successful Mystery Shopper Must Do
- How to Become an Online Teacher
- Merchandising and Demonstration Jobs Websites
- Information on Merchandising and Demonstration Work
MS specialists will share practical ways to manage fatigue and cognitive dysfunction, two common and difficult symptoms that people living with MS experience at work.
- Focus on Employment Article
- Practical Tips for Managing Challenging MS Symptoms on the Job (Presentation)
- Managing Cognitive Problems Article
- Fatigue: Tired of Being Tired?
Positive wellness behaviors can minimize the impact of fatigue and cognitive symptoms and lead to greater productivity on the job. Join a personal trainer and nutritionist for tips on physical exercise, healthy eating, stress management and good sleep habits.
- 10 Energy Boosting Breakfast Foods
- Exercise and Cognitive Article
- Exercise and MS slides
- Helping MS with Diet
- L Cohn March 30 Presentation
Stress, Depression, and Sleep