The chapter offers long term care support to people with MS who continue to live independently, and those who live in residential care facilities. The support services include:
- Respite assistance
- Transportation assistance, including referrals to transportation vendors
- Equipment assistance
- Referrals for durable medical equipment vendors
- Care-management assistance
- Referrals to local homecare and care-management agencies
Residential Care Facilities
- Referrals to assisted living and nursing centers
- Chapter staff may be able to conduct in-service education programs for professionals in assisted living and nursing centers
- Friendly Visitors Program
The chapter can also offer assistance with Financial Planning.
For more information, call 202-296-5363.