Gateway to Wellness is a five-week, professionally led course, designed to help people with MS learn ways to maximize their health and cope with the challenges presented by MS.
Each session includes exercise and education.
As a participant in Gateway to Wellness, you will:
- Learn exercises for flexibility and endurance.
- Explore how to build exercise into your life.
- Learn to identify early signs of fatigue.
- Explore how to adapt living routines for self-care.
- Problem-solve your challenges.
- Set your own individual goals.
There is no fee to participate in Gateway to Wellness.
Gateway to Wellness is typically offered two to three times a year around the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. Check our Programs Calendar to find the scheduled course. Limited transportation assistance can be provided.
To receive email notification of upcoming physical health classes, education days or other
Chapter programs, please send an updated email address to WellnessDC@nmss.org.
Photos from past Gateway to Wellness Series: