Join the movement. Create change. Be an MS activist.
You can take action now. Sign up at www.nationalMSsociety.org/MSactivist. Receive updates on health care reform, policy priorities, and solutions to MS issues. Encourage others to get involved too.
We are activists. Many are individuals who live with MS. Some are friends and family members. Many others are individuals who simply recognize their passion and ability to move us closer to a world free of MS.
Change happens through MS activism.
HOW CAN I BE AN MS ACTIVIST?
I only have a few minutes....
· View the MS Activists in Action Video.
· Take action on a hot federal issue.
· Visit the MS activist blog and leave a comment.
· Share your story.
· Contact your elected Official:
· Read our National Health Care Reform Principles.
· Register to Vote
· Join the Action Alert Network.
I have some spare time....
· Post MS issues on your own web site, blog, or viral space. Link back to ours.
· Read about other MS activists and our success stories.
· Learn about your elected officials and their voting records on health care issues.
· Research State Legislation Online
· Download the advocacy brochure. Print copies and share with others.
· Write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper. Tell your story and ask for change on one issue.
· Call a talk radio show and ask for change on one issue.
I can make a commitment....
· Become an advocacy volunteer. Email advocacy@MSandYOU.org for current volunteer job opportunities.
· Visit your state or federal legislators in their local office
· Become a spokesperson and share your personal story with others. Email advocacy@MSandYOU.org.
· Help us recruit more MS activists at the next MS Bike or MS Walk events.
· Visit a self-help group or other program to talk about the power of advocacy.
· Become a subject matter expert and serve on a local task force.
· Organize an event to meet other MS activists in your community.
· Contact our office to learn about other opportunities. Email AdvocacyDC@nmss.org or call 202-296-5363, select option 2.