The National Capital Chapter is looking for qualified full or part time college students. Most in-office positions are unpaid, but the experience will be invaluable! Academic credit may be available depending on individual schools’ requirements.
Internships are available in a variety of fields!
Job Descriptions for Summer 2013 Internships:
Quotes from Past Interns:
"Interning with a non-profit like the National MS Society means actually playing a key role in the work of the organization. It isn't your usual copying, faxing, and answering phones job, it's one where you put your studies into action and have just as much of a impact as everyone else working there."
"The experience of just one semester has had a far greater impact on my college career than any class or job I've ever had."
Position-specific skills are listed in each job description. The following skills are required for all internships:
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Effective communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work independently
- Very organized with good attention to detail
- Available for a minimum of 8 weeks, preferably longer. Hours are negotiable, but typically a minimum of 2 days and 15 hours a week is required.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to the contact listed in the job description.
For more information, please call (202) 296-5363, option 2, or email InformationDC@nmss.org.