This program allows individuals living with Multiple Sclerosis (MS) to have their home modified to enable them to remain as independent as possible within their existing home.
Possible modifications include:
- Doorway widening to accommodate a wheelchair or scooter
- Lowering kitchen counters to aid in food preparation
- Installation of air conditioning units
- Adding grab bars to bathroom showers or walls
- Building ramps or lifts
- Installation of accessible roll-in showers
- Other reasonable accomodations that provide members the ability to stay in their home
Who is eligible?
Members of the National MS Society, Delaware Chapter who have a diagnosis of MS must:
- Own the property to be modified or be a permanent resident in a home owned by a family member
- Complete an application for Financial Assistance