FINANCIAL PLANNING CONSULTATIONS
Our chapter supports a partnership with the local chapter of the Society of Financial Service Professionals (SFSP) to provide financial planning services to people living with MS at no charge to you!
Have you ever wished you could sit down with a professional financial planner to go over your assets and debts and develop a really good plan for some of these issues:
- Clearing debts?
- Budgeting effectively?
- Ensuring mortgage / rent payments?
- School / college expenses for self or children?
- Meeting medical expenses?
- Future cost of care concerns?
- Savings for the future?
- Review of insurance overages?
- Tax concerns?
- Changing or ending employment?
- Your life dreams?
15 highly credentialed professionals in the financial planning field are available to work with you one on one.
The very best time to access their expertise is NOW regardless of your financial situation, age, or the symptoms you are experiencing with MS.
Many people with MS continue working for many years but the unpredictability of that may be one of your biggest concerns. We hope you take advantage of this tool proactively. Waiting until you have a crisis generally means the financial options available to you may be far fewer or even non-existent.
To be eligible, you must:
1. Provide proof of MS diagnosis from your physician
2. Call the chapter at 1-800-344-4867 or 302-655-5610 and ask to speak to Carol
3. Carol will match you with one of the Financial Planners
4. It is then up to you to schedule an appointment with the Planner.
What to expect:
1. When you speak to the Planner, he or she will ask you to identify your financial goals.
2. You will be told to bring specific documents with you to the consultation meeting.
3. We encourage you to take another person along whom you trust to act as another pair of ears or even to take notes for you.
4. The Planner will work with you to develop a plan to meet your financial goals.
5. Most consults are one meeting, but some may require a second meeting.
Our sincere thanks to the Delaware Chapter of SFSP Financial Planners who are ‘Joining the Movement’ by volunteering their time in this way for our members!