The Delaware Chapter of the National MS Society is always appreciative of its volunteers—and can always use more help. Here are a couple of ways that you can help.
As event support, you may be manning a rest stop, loading and unloading the supply truck, marking a route, greeting and cheering participants, making lunch, distributing brochures, taking pledges, or working the registration table. Volunteers are needed at each of the following events:
- Walk MS Events in the Spring
- Bike MS: Crankin' for a Cure (one-day bike) in the Spring
- Bike MS: Bike to the Bay (two-day bike) in the Falll
- MS Readathon in the Winter
- PNC Run/Walk for MS on Thanksgiving Day
- Caring Hands Day (twice a year)
- MS Golf Tournament in June
Volunteers are needed for Caring Hands (formerly Helping Hands), a day of service in which teams of volunteers visit the homes of Delawareans with MS and assist them with yard work, cleaning, and other household projects. For the protection of all involved with Caring Hands, criminal background checks will be performed on all participating volunteers. For more information on how to participate in Caring Hands, click here.
As office support, you may be labeling our newsletter, postcards, or programs calendar; mailing out event prizes or registration packets; or calling event participants to thank them for their support. The areas of work include the following:
- General office support including stuffing envelopes, labeling mailings, collating, etc.
- Phone Calls to recruit volunteers and to invite participants to register for events
- Computer work to enter data into excel or other programs, typing documents, etc.
- Administrative support for specific fundraising events
Without the support of our valued volunteers, the Delaware Chapter would not be able to move towards a world free of MS. Think about devoting some of your valuable time to the Delaware Chapter—and you will see results!
If you would like more information on volunteering, call our office at (302) 655-5610 or email Ainsley Hertrich at email@example.com