Be a part of the National MS Society, South Florida Chapter’s Teen Expression!
Share fun, make friends and explore ways of dealing with the daily pressures of living with MS. Teen Day is for teens, ages 13-17 years, whose parent, grandparent or guardian has MS and teens with MS. Space is limited, so request your registration packet TODAY by either:
Click Here to Download Application Packet (When Available)
- emailing a request for an application to FLS.MSPrograms@nmss.org,
- or calling and requesting an application from 1-800-FIGHT-MS
Applications will not be accepted after June 6, 2014.
What is the Teen Expression?
Teen Expression members meet regularly throughout the year both in-person and via conference call to plan and execute programs for other teens in our chapter area. The purpose of Teen Expression is to have fun, plan activities and raise awareness one teen at a time.
Teen Expression members will:
- Build leadership skills
- Form supportive relationships with other teens in similar circumstances
- Learn to summon strength and courage in difficult times
- Establish lifelong friendships and a healthy support network
- Be inspired and help inspire others to get active in their communities to create a world free of MS
- Act as consultants to chapter staff planning teen programs
What will I gain?
As a member of Teen Expression, you will gain valuable leadership skills and friendships. Teen Expression is also a fantastic accomplishment to include on college applications or on resumes for employment.
What’s the commitment?
As a member of the group, you will:
- Attend planning meetings and activities, about every other month.
- Educate others about MS and invite fellow teens to join the movement to end MS.
Who can join?
In order to participate you must be:
- Age 13-18
- Related to a person with MS
- Responsible, reliable and dependable
- Excited to work with other teens
Please contact the Program department at email@example.com for more information on how to join!