September 15, 2012
WHAT IS BIKE MS JR.?
Bike MS Junior is an exciting program open to all cyclists between the ages of 5-11 years old. Held in conjunction with the Bike MS: Cox Atlanta Ride, Bike MS Jr. offers a specialized cycling and fundraising experience within Callaway Gardens for our youngest participants. Junior cyclists will enjoy secure routes within Callaway Gardens with breakpoints at various attractions within the park. This is sure to be an experience of a lifetime!
Bike MS Jr. Promotes:
- Lifelong fitness and health
- Civic Responsibility through fundraising for a good cause
- Communication Skills as parents teach and assist their children in fundraising
- Basic cycling skills to enhance their ability level, safety & confidence
- Cycling Etiquette to be a responsible, informed young cyclist
- Teamwork and respect
- Appreciation of nature though breakpoints at Callaway Gardens nature centers
- Register Your Child Today for the 2012 Bike MS Jr.!
- Download the “Talking to Your Kids About Fundraising” brochure
- Develop a fundraising plan that suites your “Jr.”.
- Make It Fun!
The 2012 Bike MS Jr. will be held on Saturday, September 15th and will begin at 8:00am. Participants should meet the Bike MS Jr. Ride Leaders each morning between 7:30am- 7:55am at the designated area within the Beach Pavilion at the Beach Entrance of Callaway Gardens. Bike MS Jr. participants must be picked up from the designated area NO LATER than 12:00pm.
WAIVER FORM & RIDER NUMBERS:
Every Bike MS Jr. participant must collect a rider packet and turn in a signed and notarized Bike MS Jr. Waiver Form at the Packet Pickup . The rider does not need to be present to pick up the packet as long a designated representative can turn in the rider’s form in their stead. Please note that all Bike MS Jr. participants must have their waiver signed by a parent/guardian AND have the waiver notarized, EVEN IF THE PARENT IS PRESENT AT THE PACKET PICKUP.
COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH THE RIDE:
The National MS Society – Georgia Chapter required a registration fee of $25, required at the time of registration. Additionally, community responsibility through fundraising is a key element to this program and as such, a minimum fundraising goal of $150 is required, due by the packet pickup.
Bike MS Jr. participants will have access to the same amenities provided to cyclists in the Bike MS: Cox Atlanta Ride including meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner), bike compound, overnight festivities, easy online fundraising tools and free bike inspections at official bike stores. Familiarize yourself with all of our amenities by reviewing our About the Ride and Fundraising pages.
BIKE MS JR RULES AND REGULATIONS:
- The minimum age to participate in Bike MS Jr. is 5 years old by the date of the event.
- All children participating in Bike MS Jr. should be able to ride thier own bicycle, without training wheels, and must provide their own helmet.
- For the safety of our participants, adults are not allowed on the Bike MS Jr. course unless volunteering as a Rider Leader, Medical or Break Point volunteer. Background checks are run on all volunteers assisting with this event.
- Please note that the Rider Number issued to a Bike MS Jr. participant grants them access to the Bike MS Jr. event ONLY. The Bike MS: Cox Atlanta Ride has a minimum age limit of 12 years old by the time of the event. Additionally, equipment and accessories attached to a bicycle for transporting children and/or pets are not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to, bicycle trailers, Tag-Along or Trail-a-Bike products, and child carrier seats.