BIKE MS SAFETY GUIDELINES
The safety of all ride participants is a priority for the National MS Society. For your safety, the following initiatives are being implemented for all Bike MS events.
- The minimum age to participate is 12 years old at the time of the ride.
- Equipment and accessories attached to a bicycle for transporting children and/or pets are not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to, bicycle trailers, Tag-Along or Trail-a-Bike products, and child carrier seats.
- All riders must submit a signed Waiver Form at a Packet Pickup to receive a rider packet. Riders between the eligible ages of 12-18 must have the Wavier Form notarized.
- A parent or adult guardian must accompany eligible riders between the ages of 12-18 at all times.
- All riders must obey all state and local traffic laws and all law enforcement personnel, ride officials and volunteers.
- Every rider must wear a bicycle helmet that complies with the U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission Safety Standard
- Riders are not allowed to transport animals while riding.
FREE BIKE INSPECTIONS
All participants’ bikes should be inspected at an Official Bike Store. Bikes will be inspected at no cost. Once your bike has passed the inspection requirements, an official inspection label will be placed on your bike, not on your bike frame. While not required, bike inspections are strongly encouraged annually or every 2,000 miles. Standard labor rates apply to all cyclists needing support on the route - however, an official bike inspection sticker entitles you to FREE labor while on the route should you need assistance.