Put the FUN in FUNdraising! Here are a few great ideas to help boost your total pledge amount.
ASK VENDORS AT YOUR BUSINESS!
Companies who want to maintain that friendly “business relationship” are generally more than willing to contribute, especially since their contribution is tax deductible.
SPEAK AT A CIVIC ORGANIZATION!
Ask to be placed on the agenda at the next meeting. Ask the group to vote to support your effort, join your team or be volunteers!
SAVE YOUR SPARE CHANGE EVERY DAY!
You’ll be surprised how much you’ll save for your own pledge by the time the Ride is here!
HOST AN EVENT AT WORK:
Even if your team isn’t a corporate team, the office is a great place to go and get people to support your efforts.
- Dress Down Day: Employees get to pay a fee to be able to dress down one day.
- Bike Sale: Sell paper cutouts of bikes to fellow employees and post them in a central location so everyone can see who’s supporting you.
- Office Competition: Create a challenge between offices or departments.
- Day Off or Parking Spot Raffle: With permission, raffle off tickets for either a day off or a parking space close to the door.
Join forces with your team members to host an auction, garage sale, bake sale or even rent out team members for a day.
- Auction: Solicit local businesses for items and hold an auction. This can also be done online.
- Garage Sale: Get your friends and neighbors involved. They can donate items to sell or they can buy items.
- Bake Sale: This is great to do after a worship service or even to coincide at a fundraising garage sale.
HAVE A PARTY:
For a donation, throw a party.
- Dinner Party: Throw a dinner party and treat your guest to a home-cooked meal in exchange for a donation to your cause.
- MS Night Out: Organize a night out at a local restaurant or bar where a portion of the proceeds go to your efforts for the Bike MS: Cox Atlanta Ride.
- Birthday Party: Throw a birthday party for someone, but instruct guests to give donations to the ride in lieu of gifts.
Raise $1,000 in 9 days!
Day 1 Start by making a personal contribution to your ride efforts for $50.
Day 2 Ask 2 of your family members to contribute $50 each.
Day 3 Ask 10 friends to contribute $20 each.
Day 4 Ask 5 co-workers to contribute $20 each.
Day 5 Ask 5 neighbors to contribute $20 each.
Day 6 Ask 10 people at your place of worship to contribute $10 each.
Day 7 Ask your company for a $50 contribution and find out if the company will match what you raise, dollar for dollar.
Day 8 Ask 5 companies that your business works with to contribute $50 each.
Day 9 Ask 4 businesses that you frequent personally to contribute $25 each.
Day 10 Share your success with a friend!
Your grand total will be $1,000! Don’t forget to tell everyone their pledge is tax deductible!
For more fundraising ideas, download the Rider Manual.