What is a “matching gift”? Many companies sponsor matching gift programs to encourage employees to support numerous charities and non-profit organizations. Most companies match the donors' gift dollar for dollar. Inquire with the Human Resources Department of your company to see if they participate in a matching gift program.
5 EASY Steps to Receive a Matching Gift
- If your company participates in a matching gift program, obtain their matching gift form and complete the first section that is reserved for the “Donor.”
Send your completed form to:
National MS Society – Georgia Chapter
1117 Perimeter Center West, Suite E101
Atlanta, GA 30338
- National MS Society – Georgia Chapter
- Once received, we will verify the information and complete the section marked “Organization.” Please note: We may contact you for additional information during this verification. When completed, we will send the matching gift form to your employer.
- Your company will then process the request and send a check to the National MS Society.
- When received, we will apply the matching gift to your event contributions.
IT’S THAT SIMPLE!
Helpful Tips for Matching Gifts
Spread the word about matching gifts: Encourage all of your event donors to see if their company participates in a matching gift program.
Have matching gift forms when you approach your co-workers: If your company participates in a matching gift program, have the forms available when you approach your co-workers. When they make a contribution, you can hand them a form to complete. Just by informing them of this opportunity, you could double, maybe even triple your contributions. Please remind your donors to include information on whose event campaign they are supporting so the gift will be credited to the correct event participant’s account.
The earlier the better: Enclosing the matching gift forms when you turn in your pledges will ensure that your matching gift will be processed appropriately. To assist us in the process, please include a copy of your pledge form for the National MS Society to reference.