Preparing yourself is as vital as making sure your equipment is safe. Remember the 5 P’s: Prior Planning Prevents Poor Performance!
As a Team Captain, you are the catalyst for team safety. Here are a few suggestions to help:
- Familiarize yourself with the Bike MS Ride Rules and Safety Initiatives – your team will come to you for answers to their questions. Being prepared is the first step in safety.
- Offer a clinic on bike-handling safety. The National MS Society can assist in setting up this clinic for your team.
- Designate a team ride marshal to enforce team safety and rider etiquette.
- Encourage participation in Team Training Rides to gain valuable skills in group riding.
- Encourage all team members to have their bikes inspected for free at one of the Official Bike Stores.
Download the Team Captain Manual for additional tips on team safety.