- Assist with mailing, filing, copying, sorting, or collaboration projects
- Assist with special project support such as preparations for Bike MS, Walk MS, and other large scale special events
- Some database and/or phone work may be required on occasion
The In Office Assistant provides general office support to all departments, programs, and services within the Georgia Chapter.
SUSTAINABLE/LONG TERM OUTCOME:
The In Office Assistant’s role is vital in providing “behind the scenes” administrative support to projects that ultimately allow for our programs and services to run smoothly. You are helping the Society to spread the word about MS and help the National MS Society achieve its goal of a world free of MS.
TRAINING AND SUPPORT:
Initial volunteer orientation is provided along with staff and chapter introduction and an overview of basic office equipment required to perform this position (i.e. fax machine, copier, etc.). Ongoing feedback and training is available from the Volunteer Manager.
Office hours are Monday thru Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Hourly commitments are flexible depending on availability.
- Interest in providing onsite assistance at the Georgia Chapter located at 1117 Perimeter Center West Suite E101 Atlanta GA 30338
- Excellent listening skills
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to effectively communicate with supervisor
- Excellent opportunity to obtain professional references
- Learn how a large, nationally respected non-profit organization functions.
- Learn new skills and access to software
- Chance to meet new people
- To become part of the movement to do something about MS
Click Here for a PDF version of the above information