Cooling Equipment Information & National Vendor List
Cooling systems may help you beat the heat during the hot summer months. Many companies have designed garments to help you stay cool, including cooling vests, wristbands, neck/ankle wraps, hats/caps and shirts. To select the appropriate cooling equipment for your individual needs, consider the following:
• What is the total cooling time of the garment?
• What is the cooling garment made of? What is the garment’s weight?
• As the garments utilize different types of cooling mechanisms (e.g., ice packs, evaporative cooling, phase-change), which would work best in my climate?
• Is the garment designed to fit under or over regular clothing?
• Will I need to purchase extra cool packs to maximize the use of the garment?
• Will my health insurance cover this item? (If needed, the insurance billing code for cooling products is “E-1399: Durable Medical Equipment – Miscellaneous”.)
|National Vendors||Websites||Phone Numbers|
|Cool Sport, Inc.||www.coolsport.net/index2.html||310-618-1590|
|Glacier Tek, Inc.||www.coolvest.com||800-482-0533|
|MS Association of America (MSAA) Cooling Equipment Program||www.msassociation.org/programs/cooling||800-532-7667|
(based in California)
Polar Products, Inc.
(based in Ohio)