MS Action Alert Network member - Your first step to playing an active role in the Society's advocacy efforts is to join our MS Action Alert Network (click below). When you sign up online, you will begin to receive email updates of both state and federal issues that our Society is working on to support issues important for people living with MS. There will also be legislative action alerts sent to you that you can respond to so you can connect with your legislators to seek support or share your story.
MS Activist - Everyone can play this important role to improve the quality of life for people living with MS. As part of the Chapter’s advocacy efforts, you can do any of the following:
- meet with local legislators
- educate businesses and organizations in their community about MS
- recruit new MS Activists
- assist with coaching other volunteers
- offer advice
- share a story
- provide testimonials at committee hearings
- write a story for a local newspaper or social media
- be part of an advisory or planning committee
- speak at one of our support group meetings
>>Learn more about the Chapter’s advocacy efforts by going to our Take Action page. Download and submit a volunteer application form today to volunteer in the Chapter’s advocacy’s efforts.
For more information or if you have any questions please contact Jocelyn Cheng, Manager, Volunteer Development at 1-800-344-4867 or VolunteerIllinois@nmss.org.
Download the Volunteer Application Form >>