This free educational program series focuses on a different topic each month. Keynote speakers include a variety of experts, speaking on topics covering all aspects of life with multiple sclerosis. These hour-long teleconferences will give you the opportunity to learn about a particular topic, and will have time at the end of each call for a question and answer period.
October 14, 2013
Impacts of the Affordable Care Act (ACA)
With Kim Calder - Director, Federal Health Affairs and Insurance Policy, National MS Society
- Learn about the scope of the ACA and who is affected.
- Understand state and federal guidelines and the enrollment deadlines.
Download the handout for this call: ACA Key Provisions
November 11, 2013
Recognizing MS Relapses
With Dr. Lea Rayman - Neurologist, Aurora Wilkinson Medical Clinic
- Learn how to recognize a relapse and manage the onset of new symptoms.
- Understand which health professionals to involve and when.
December 9, 2013
Stress and Multiple Sclerosis
With Dr. Albert Anieskewicz - Psychiatrist and Professor Emeritus, Michigan State University
- Understand how to recognize stress in your life and how it can impact MS.
- Learn tips to balance emotional and physical health at busy times of the year.
January 13, 2014
MS and Men's Sexual Health
With Dr. Douglas Woo - Neurologist, Lancaster Neurology
- Understand possible intimacy issues in MS and explore treatment options.
- Learn when and how to talk to your health professional and loved one about these challenges.
February 10, 2014
Newly Diagnosed with MS
With Dr. Adam Carpenter - University of Minnesota MS Center
- Learn more about MS and identify available resources and supports.
- Explore the accompanying stress and emotions that go with an MS diagnosis.
March 10, 2014
How MS Affects Vision
With Dr. Jonathan Calkwood - Neurologist, Schapiro Center for MS at the Minneapolis Clinic of Neurology
- Understand the scope of vision issues in MS.
- Learn about helpful vision care specialists and possible treatment options.
To register for any of the upcoming teleconferences, please call 1-800-344-4867 option 1, or visit our Programs Calendar, find the topic and click to register.
You will be given the call-in information you need to participate when you register.
To listen to a recording from a previous Teleconference, please click here. For additional information on this series, please call 1-800-344-4867 option 1.