This free educational program series focuses on a different topic each month. Keynote speakers include a variety of experts, speaking on topics covering all aspects of life with multiple sclerosis. These hour-long teleconferences will give you the opportunity to learn about a particular topic, and will have time at the end of each call for a question and answer period.
April 8, 2013
Calm Before the Storm
|With Teresa Lange, Preparedness Specialist, St. Louis Area Chapter of the Red Cross
- Learn how to plan for a natural disaster and gain insight into special considerations for people with disabilities.
- Explore community resources.
Registration deadline: April 3
May 13, 2013
It's Not Just in Your Head
With Dr. Julie Bobholz, PhD, Aurora BayCare Clinic and Froedtert Hospital / Medical College of Wisconsin
- Learn the prevalence of common MS symptoms of anxiety, depression and mood swings.
- Understand the causes of these symptoms and strategies to manage them.
Registration deadline: May 8
June 10, 2013
My Family Has MS
With Dr. Rosalind Kalb, Vice President, National MS Society's Clinical Care Network
- Learn how MS impacts all family members.
- Explore communication methods and strategies for dealing with family life challenges.
Registration deadline: June 5
July 8, 2013
With Douglass Schell, MS Certified Nurse, Mid America Neuroscience Institute
- Learn why fatigue and sleep issues are two of the most common and debilitating MS symptoms.
- Explore medical treatments, strategies and behavioral changes that may help.
Registration deadline: July 3
August 12, 2013
Probiotics and MS
With Dr. Loren Rolak, MD, Director, Marshfield Clinic MS Center
- Understand probiotic as an MS treatment option.
- Hear about MS research projects based on the hygiene hypothesis.
Registration deadline: August 7
September 9, 2013
Complimentary and Alternative Medicine for MS
With Patricia Kennedy, RN, CNP, MSCN, Can Do MS Nurse Educator and Programs Consultant
- Learn what complimentary and alternative (CAM) therapies are and their benefits and risks to make informed decisions.
- Understand the importance of talking with your physician.
Registration deadline: September 4
To register for any of the upcoming teleconferences, please call 1-800-344-4867 option 1, or visit our Programs Calendar, find the topic and click to register.
You will be given the call-in information you need to participate when you register.
To listen to a recording from a previous Teleconference, please click here. For additional information on this series, please call 1-800-344-4867 option 1.