MS happens to families, not just to individuals. When a person is diagnosed with MS, there is immediate impact on all who love them.
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society - Indiana State Chapter offers an extensive variety of programs, services and resources for you and your family. These resources can be accessed in person, online, by phone and by mail. To learn more, contact an MS Navigator at 1-800-344-4867 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Families can count on the National MS Society.
Such support and resources include:
- Emotional Support: Speak with others in-person at a peer support group. Connect with others over the phone through MS Friends or online through MS World and MS Connection.
- Financial Assistance: Access financial support for the family’s basic needs such as food, shelter and utilities. We can also assist with items such as counseling, home care and respite services, home and vehicle modifications and transportation, just to name a few.
- Financial Counseling: Obtain assistance with everything from basic family budgeting to long-term financial planning. Utilize this program using a phone consultation or arrange a personalized meeting in the comfort of your own home.
- Help in the Home: Request assistance with day-to-day chores and get a much-needed break through our Respite Care Program.
- Education: Attend our symposiums and other education seminars to learn more about advancements in MS research and valuable community resources.
- Social and Recreational Programs: Engage and connect with other families with similar experiences at our annual Walk MS events or social program.