|Date:||Tuesday, September 17, 2013|
|Time:||5:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.|
|Place:||The Westin Kansas City at Crown Center|
Individual Tickets: $150
|Beverages:||Complimentary non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages will be served throughout the evening.|
|Cuisine:||Live action food stations featuring various food stations that are designed to tickle your taste buds.|
|Parking:||Self-parking: Free with validation at the Dinner of Champions check-in|
Through Live Mission Auction contributions, the Mid America Chapter will be able to assist the more than 55,000 individuals and families affected by multiple sclerosis in Kansas, Nebraska and western Missouri. Giving amounts will range from $100 to $5,000. Your contributions will touch families and change lives.
- MS stops people from moving. Every hour someone new is diagnosed with MS.
- Symptoms range from numbness or tingling in the limbs to paralysis or loss of vision.
- Everyday researchers are searching for a cause, treatment and cure for multiple sclerosis.
- Home modifications keep families in their homes longer and offer greater independence and safety through out the progression of MS.
- Remodeling the kitchen, bedrooms and bathrooms, increases safety and functionality
- Medical equipment such as wheelchairs or a power chair can be the difference between living your life or being confined to your home.
- Vehicle modifications allow continued employment and connection to the community
- Respite Care to provide care givers some relief so they can continue to provide care at home
- Chore assistance to help with routine tasks such as cleaning and yard maintenance
- Mental health services such as counseling and support
- Transportation to medical appointments
- Personal care assistance such as nursing and other medical support
- Provided to incoming college freshmen who have MS or have a family member with MS.