Connection Groups are a core component of the support we provide to people with MS. Through education, mutual support and understanding, leaders and their groups impact hundreds of people with MS in our Chapter area. Currently in the Mid America Chapter:
- More than 60 volunteer leaders dedicate their time and energy to the many Connection Groups which provide much-needed support to people living with MS and those who love them. These monthly meetings and the connections they create would not occur without the dynamic leadership of group facilitators.
- Group Leaders, participate in at least two trainings per year. New leaders undergo a background check and participate in a specifically designed New Leader training.
- Connection Groups are located throughout the chapter area and new groups are forming regularly. If there is not a group in your area, read the information about starting a group and see if it might be a good fit for you.
Considering Starting a Group
Being a Connection Group Leader is difficult, often challenging and hugely rewarding. Not everyone is cut out to be a leader, but those who are have a profound effect on their community. If you are interested in starting a self-help group in your community, the first step is to educate yourself about what it takes to be a great leader.
- Key Characteristics of an Effective Connection Group Leader
- Connection Group Leader Manual
- Connection Group Leader Leader Agreements
If you are still interested after doing a little reading, take this quick survey and we will be in touch.