Thank you to all community members who donated funds, time and support to our Traveling Turkeys program. Nearly 300 families were served with a Thanksgiving meal due to your support. Although the program has come and gone, there are still ways you can help offset our costs and continue to provide assistance to families living with MS. Ways you can help:
- DONATE ONE OR MORE PREPARED MEALS for Thanksgiving dinner. Visit your local grocery store for prepared meal options.
- DONATE MONEY OR GIFT CARDS to provide a Thanksgiving dinner. $50 will provide for one meal for four people!
- DONATE ONE OR MORE PREPARED MEALS for Thanksgiving dinner. One basket will provide a meal for four. A list of preferred items is below.
For questions, contact us at 1-800-344-4867, press 2 or e-mail us at email@example.com.
Suggested items to include in your Traveling Turkeys basket:
- 1 small turkey or turkey breast (5-7 lbs), frozen
- 1 box of mashed potatoes or bag of potatoes
- 1 box of stuffing
- 1 can of yams or sweet potatoes
- 1-2 cans of vegetables (corn, green beans, carrots, etc.)
- 1 can of cranberry sauce
- 1 packet of gravy mix
- 1 package of rolls
- 1 pumpkin pie or other dessert
Optional items may include:
- A foil roasting pan
- Festive holiday plates and napkins
- Holiday-themed dish towels
- A note wishing the family a Happy Thanksgiving