Traveling Turkeys & Roving Rakes
Giving Thanks for Giving Care
Traveling Turkeys provides a turkey dinner for four to people with MS and their families and caregivers. These meals will be delivered to participants’ homes by volunteers on Tuesday, November 26, 2013. Specific times for donation drop off and delivery pick up will be coordinated with your local branch office. There are three ways to get involved with Traveling Turkeys.
- DONATE A BASKET(S) & DELIVER a Thanksgiving dinner. One basket will provide a meal for four. A list of preferred items are listed below.Our staff will contact you to coordinate for delivery infromation. This is a great project for organizations or groups.
- DONATE MONEY to provide a Thanksgiving dinner. $50 will provide for one meal for four people!
- REQUEST A MEAL. Deadline to sign up to receive a meal is Nov. 1, 2013.
For questions, contact us at 1-800-344-4867, press 1 or e-mail us at email@example.com
Suggested items to include in your Traveling Turkeys basket:
- 1 small turkey or turkey breast (5-7 lbs), frozen
- 1 box of mashed potatoes or bag of potatoes
- 1 box of stuffing
- 1 can of yams or sweet potatoes
- 1-2 cans of vegetables (corn, green beans, carrots, etc.)
- 1 can of cranberry sauce
- 1 packet of gravy mix
- 1 package of rolls
- 1 pumpkin pie or other dessert
Optional items may include:
- A foil roasting pan
- Festive holiday plates and napkins
- Holiday-themed dish towels
- A note wishing the family a Happy Thanksgiving
Roving Rakes is a brand new program dedicated to building community by matching up volutneers willing to do fall lawn clean-up with individuals who could use a hand. Following the successful model of Traveling Turkeys, we would like to identify families who could use help with fall lawn clean-up and match them with individuals willing to rake leaves. Roving Rakes will be available in communities where volunteers have stepped up to help.
- VOLUNTEER your group to help clean-up lawns and leaves for another family.
- REQUEST LAWN HELP. Deadline to sign up to receive lawn care assistance must be in by Nov. 1, 2013.
We will match volunteers with as many recipients as possible. Specific dates and times will be coordinated between volunteer and homeowner after a match has been made. You will receive follow-up from staff after making a request or signing up to volunteer.For questions, contact us at 1-800-344-4867, press 1 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org