Become an MS Activist!
What does an MS Activist do?
- Promote public policy that affects people living with MS
- Build relationships with legislators and keep them up to date on MS issues.
- Share their stories.
- Stay informed on healthcare policy.
- Meet other MS Activists in their communities.
- Coordinate a grassroots response to policy issues of concern to people with MS in Kansas, Missouri and Nebraska through Government Relations Committes.
- Sign up to join the MS Activist Network. You will recieve email alerts on policy issues that are critically important to people affected by MS.
- Consider joing the Government Relations Committee in your state.
- Contact Susan Wallis at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information
We are activists.
MS Activism in the Mid America Chapter
During the 2013 Session of the Kansas Legislature, MS Activists worked on the following key issues:
During the 2013 Session of the Nebraska Lesgislature, MS Activists worked on the following key issues:
The Society worked with a coalition of other nonprofit organizations to push for the extension of sunsets for multiple "social" tax credits, including the Home Access Tax Credit. The bill (SB 20) successfully passed both houses and was signed by Governor Nixon.
The Society continues to work with coalition partners to expand Medicaid eligibility in Missouri. Both chambers of the General Assembly have established interim committees to research options and draft legislation for the 2014 session.
Additional information can be found on the here.
At the National MS Society, we relentlessly advocate for federal, state, and local government change essential to people with MS.
We must work together to break down barriers to care, improve access to quality health services, and make MS therapies more affordable. We must fight for disability rights, MS research funding, and long-term care resources.
We are activists. We make MS issues national priority issues. We share our personal stories. And we ask our public officials for change that benefits people living with MS and others with disabilities and chronic illnesses.
Change happens through MS activism. Join the movement at www.nationalMSsociety.org/MSactivist
The National MS Society and individuals nationwide relentlessly advocate every day for community, state, and federal issues that impact the lives of people with MS. Our MS activists are the voices of change for the approximately 400,000 people living with MS nationwide and more than 11,000 in our Chapter area.
Find easy ways to be an MS activist, including tips and tools.
Priority MS Issues
Learn about our priorities for improved health care legislation and government programs — at the community, state and national levels.
About MS Activism
Read about the movement to raise awareness for MS and call for change.
Tell us Your Story
Read about others who are moving us closer to a world free of MS.
Read our blog
Stay up to date with the advocacy efforts that the National Multiple Sclerosis Society is following.