Skills: Your Talent Can Make a Difference
We each have skills and talents that can make a difference in the movement to create a world free of MS. From professional expertise to artistic ability, if you have a talent, we can use you! If you could contribute one skill to the Society, what would it be?
Below is a list of current skill-based volunteer needs, but please don’t let this list limit your movement potential. If you have a new idea or a unique skill to share, please give us a call. Current needs include:
- Photographer: Document our programs and events or to take stock photography images for our many marketing and publication needs.
- Graphic Designer: Design logos and imagery or help tailor established Society templates for our events and programs.
- Media/Public Relations: Help us spread the word about who we are and what we’re doing
- Grant Writer: Share your professional experience by assisting our Donor Relations department in targeting and securing foundation or corporate grants.
- Specialized Event Support: The Society utilizes both the Walk MS and Bike MS events to raise a significant portion of its funds. These events would not be possible without the leadership and specialized skills of our volunteers. If you are experienced with HAM Communications, Emergency or Sports Medicine, Massage Therapy or Event Logistics, or if you are licensed to drive a large truck or motorcycle, we can certainly put these unique skills to work.
- Accounting Assistant: Assist the National MS Society data and finance department with everything from counting money to managing matching gifts.
- Law or Finance Coach: Use your law or finance expertise to coach individuals living with MS through situations they may encounter, including financial planning and employment issues.
- Join the behind the scenes crew at any of our office locations (Kansas City, Springfield, St. Joseph or Wichita) and help with various projects including general office support, follow-up phone calls, data entry, mailings and much more.
- Join our Action Alert tem, help with Awareness Month or speak out on behalf of the MS community and yourself. Let your voice be heard!
- Chapter Outreach: Provide direct services at organized programs and events or one-on-one visitation, assist with education programs and organizing support groups.
- Community Partners: Put your skills to work by joining a committee. We have committees for fundraising and leadership events, volunteer recruitment, advocacy, chapter programs and more.
- Volunteer Recruitment: Assist in recruiting volunteers for any aspect of our Volunteer Engagement program by reaching out to people in your community.
- Share your artistic talents, including wood working, painting or calligraphy. These skills can help us with everything from volunteer recognition to award designs.
To learn more about any of these opportunities, please call your local Community Development Manager at 1-800-344-4867 (press 2), or fill out our online interest form for further information.