Oct 05, 2012
The Mid America Chapter has partnered with the University of Missouri - Kansas City and the University of Kansas Medical Center to pursue a research study targeted for people living with relapsing-remitting MS who are choosing not to take medication to prevent flare-ups. Participants are not required to take disease modifying treatments to be part of this study. Instead, researchers are interested in learning about your reactions to the telephone counseling you will receive. It is hoped that this research will help us improve MS care and better understand reasons some patients with MS choose not to take medication.
- 1 1/2 hour appointment prior to start of telephone counseling.
- Four 20 minute telephone conversations about MS medications.
- Completion of questionnaires at home.
Interested individuals must meet these criteria:
- Diagnosed with a relapsing form of Multiple Sclerosis
- Discontinued taking a disease modifying medication
- Do not currently have plans to begin taking MS medications
Participants will be paid $200. If you are interested in participating in this study and meet the above criteria, please contact: Jared Bruce, Ph.D., University of Missouri – Kansas City, Phone: 816-235-5428 ext. 1, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.